Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Dahl for dinner once again

So the trip has officially started, got to Delhi last night, for what feels like the 600th time this year, and after successfully navigating a 2m long bicycle box through the crowds at delhi airport, realising both airport atm's were broken and I only had 22 singapore dollars to my name and convincing the taxi driver that my bike was NOT in fact a tv, and as such I should be spared the 50 rupees "tv tax" I made it out and to my surprisingly clean and spacious guesthouse in backpackerville.

'FY', (which was the name affectionately given to my bicycle by Lobna) arrived safely. Today I traversed Delhi 4 times arranging all the documents for my Kyrgyzstani visa, and tommorow it should be ready, which means the next day I can hit the road!

So in the interests of not making this blog deadeningly boring, I'll keep it short. Todays greatest moments were catching up with 'aunty' at the Lotus temple, and taking a picture of the pumpkin guy in the Paharganj market, after which he handed me his business card (the most professional looking pumpkin sellers card i've ever seen) and made me promise i'd send it to him - apparently 'side of the road next to the lamp post ' is an address in Delhi...

ok, maybe it wasn't that short. I'll try harder next time.

No comments: